May 30, 2016

Do you feel the freshness of the air, the earthy oh-so-lovely aroma of wet soil after a rain shower? It's like the earth is rejoicing after a cleansing bath and letting her joy be known. 
  I felt something similar today when I opened my eyes after meditation. I had been letting go of a certain fear which had come up last night, and after cleansing my mind of the last wisps of it, I just sat in calm serenity for a while. 
  As I opened my eyes slowly, the morning sunlight seemed softer, though brighter, as if the lens of the spectacles I was wearing had just been cleaned. 
  The inner cleansing is as or more important than the outer ablutions. It makes our vision clearer, the hearing keener, all the senses are heightened because the filters within are clean and unclogged. 
  The inner filters get clogged with years of conditioning ourselves to fit in set moulds. These moulds are of our own making, made by our understanding of how how our lives should be and how we should be fulfilling our different roles to fit that life. 
  Any 'should' that you come across, is to be examined minutely to trace back it's origin. The moulds will then be clearer, so also our need to fit in will be deiphered. 
  It's a journey and it's definitely not for the weak-hearted. It needs courage, sweat of the brow, and an honesty to self. 
  It's journey all right, but again it will be as speedy or as scenic as you decide it will be. 
  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your valued opinions, feedback, queries below and feel free to share yourself.!